Call for Tutorials
PROPOR 2020 seeks proposals for tutorials on any topic of language and speech processing including but not limited to the topics of the conference as indicated in the call for papers. Especially encouraged are tutorials focusing on Portuguese language processing.
Proposals for tutorials should contain:
- A title and brief description of the tutorial content and its relevance to the PROPOR community (not more than 2 pages).
- A brief outline of the tutorial structure showing that the tutorial’s core content can be covered in a two- or three-hour slot (including a coffee break).
- The names, affiliations, email addresses and websites of the tutorial instructors, including a one-paragraph statement of their research interests and areas of expertise.
- A list of previous venues and approximate audience sizes, if the same or a similar tutorial has been given elsewhere.
- A description of special requirements for technical equipment (e.g., Internet access).
Submission will be done via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The submission deadline is January 15, 2020.
Tutorial Speaker Responsibilities
Accepted tutorial speakers will be notified by February 1, 2020 and must then provide an abstract of their tutorials for inclusion in the conference registration material by February 20, 2020. The description should be in ASCII version that can be included in email announcements and published on the conference website. Tutorial speakers must provide tutorial materials, at least containing copies of the course slides as well as a bibliography for the material covered in the tutorial, by February 28, 2020.
- Submission deadline for tutorial proposals: January 15, 2020
- Notification of acceptance: February 1, 2020
- Tutorial descriptions due: February 20, 2020
- Tutorial course material due: February 28, 2020
- Expected Tutorial date: March 2, 2020
- Irene Rodrigues – University of Évora
- André Adami – University of Caxias do Sul