Évora is a portuguese city in the south of the country, with 55000 inhabitants, and is the capital of Alentejo region. It is a museum-city, whose urban centre was classified by UNESCO as a World Heritage site.
More tourist information:
- Évora travel guide and some photos
- Eborae Guide Tour App for Android and IoS
- Wikipedia Page
- Castles, roman and moorish influences, and more to discover about the Alentejo region.
- Emergency Phone Number: 112
- Taxi / Cab: Telephone: (00351) 266734734
- Time Zone: The time zone in Portugal is GMT
- Electricity: The local current is 220v AC and the connection is made by a two-pin plug (types C and F)
- Currency: The national currency is Euro. ATMs are easily found and accept international cards
- Weather: In March, the minimum temperature is about 8°C, while the maximum reaches 16°C or so, and it is unlikely to rain
- Insurance: All conference attendees are advised to arrange private travel insurance. The conference organizers and committee accept no liability for personal accidents or damage to property.